Heating Oil Delivery: How To Prepare Your Home
Our crews work hard to provide the most reliable heating oil delivery in the Hudson Valley – but when severe winter weather strikes here in Dutchess, Columbia, Orange, Sullivan, Delaware, Greene, and Ulster counties, we can sure use a helping hand.
Please help serve as many people as we can during severe weather by making these preparations at home in advance of your heating oil delivery.
Making your home ready for a heating oil delivery:
- Keep your oil fill pipe clear – Snow, ice, and debris can block the path to your heating oil tank’s fill pipe, making it difficult for our crews to pump your fuel. Try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your fill pipe clear so our team can reach it easy and safely.
- De-ice your driveway – If your home requires our crew to park in the driveway to fill your oil tank, please keep it free of snow and ice so they can navigate safely. Please also keep in mind that our fuel trucks are wider than your car, so plan accordingly.
- Keep gates unlocked, or have someone nearby to grant access – If your fill pipe is behind a locking gate, please make sure it is opened on delivery – or make sure someone is nearby to let our crew in.
- Keep pets under control – We want to deliver your heating oil, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secure on delivery day.
- Be accessible – Make sure an adult is reachable on heating oil delivery day, preferably by cell phone or in person; If something unexpected happens that needs your immediate attention, our delivery team will need to contact you.
Thanks for helping us to keep our customers safe, warm, and satisfied with reliable, on-time heating oil delivery in our service area – our drivers appreciate your consideration!
For heating oil at low prices in the Hudson Valley, nobody beats Economy Oil! Contact us today to request a heating oil delivery, or to join the Economy Oil family of customers.